Israel razes homes of two Palestinian attackers

CNC
Added On August 4, 2016

 JERUSALEM, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- Israeli troops have demolished the West Bank homes of two Palestinian gunmen who killed four people at a popular recreation center Tel Aviv in June, the military said on Thursday.

 
"Overnight, following government directives, security forces demolished the residences of the two terrorists who carried out the terror attack at the Sarona Market on June 8," a military spokeswoman said, adding that the assailants killed four civilians and wounded 41.
 
"Forces demolished the residence of Mohammad Makhamra in Hirbeit Ruqa, and Khaled Makhamrah in Yatta," she said.
 
The homes were located in villages in the West Bank, south of the city of Hebron.
 
Last month, the assailants, who are cousins, were indicted at the Tel Aviv District Court for murder and conspiring to murder along with a third suspect from Yatta, who allegedly helped them to obtain the guns.
 
The attack came amidst a violent Palestinian uprising that started in mid-September.
 
A wave of knife, car-ramming and shooting attacks claimed the lives of 34 Israelis. At the same time, at least 219 Palestinian were killed by Israelis, mostly during attacks or alleged attempted attacks, according to Israel.