Brazil condemns Barcelona terror attack

CNC
Added On August 18, 2017

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Brazilian Foreign Ministry on Thursday condemned the terror attack in Barcelona, Spain, which has killed 13 people and wounded more than 100 others earlier in the day.

Brazil reiterated its condemnation of all acts of terrorism, regardless of their motivation, and expressed deep sympathy and condolences to the families of the victims and wished a speed recovery to the injured, it said in a statement.

Attackers driving a van mowed through crowds of tourists on one of Barcelona's busiest thoroughfares Thursday.

At least four and possibly five suspects were killed early Friday morning in Cambrils, a town about 120 km south of Barcelona, in a raid which police said foiled another terror plot linked to the deadly van attack in Barcelona.