Syria's Assad: Battles in E Ghouta to continue

CNC
Added On March 5, 2018

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said the offensive against the rebels in the capital Damascus' Eastern Ghouta countryside will continue.
 
Assad said most of the civilians in Eastern Ghouta want to leave the rebel-held areas toward government areas.
 
He noted that there is no contradiction between establishing ceasefire in that area to allow the civilians to leave and the military operation against the "terrorists."
 
A Russian-backed partial humanitarian pause has been taking place to allow the civilians to leave that area since last week.
 
But no civilians have left and no humanitarian convoys entered that area.
 
The government accused the rebels of preventing the civilians from leaving.
 
Meanwhile, the media wing of the Syrian army said that the Syrian forces have made important progress in Eastern Ghouta over the past few days.
 
It said the Syrian army forces have captured some 36 percent of Eastern Ghouta.